MAHCE MBBS MCPS DOMS FRCS FRCOphth CertLRS
· Medical Director, Laser Refractive Services
Dr Samuel is a registered medical practitioner with GMC and has been working at Optimax since 1999. He was Medical Director of Optimax from June 2009 to February 2013. Currently he is working as the Senior Refractive Surgeon at Optimax. He is also a member of the Optimax Medical Advisory Board.
Dr Samuel graduated from Nishtar Medical College, Pakistan, in 1982. He trained in ophthalmology at Christian Hospital, Pakistan, and continued to work there until 1989 before relocation to the UK for further training in ophthalmology. He worked at various NHS hospitals in the UK before joining Optimax in 1999. Since then, he has performed over 24,000 refractive surgery procedures including LASIK, PRK, LASEK and CK.
He has extensive experience with different types of Excimer lasers used for laser vision correction. He is also highly experienced in Femtosecond bladeless LASIK procedures.
Dr Samuel provides training in Refractive surgery through Didactic Courses and is the Course Director of York Refractive Surgery courses.
He is a regular delegate and speaker at various Laser Eye Surgery Conferences and seminars.
Dr Samuel has membership of the following organizations:
• British Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (BSRS)
• European Society of Refractive Surgery (ESRS).
• United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
• International Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
• Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Optimax Surgeon Dr. Samuel