Effective treatment to relieve symptoms of Blepharitis
Your Consultation at Optimax
A fee of £60 is payable for your Blepharitis consultation. To book your appointment, please call 0800 093 1110.
What is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis is a relatively common condition causing crusting and inflammation of the eyelids. It often leads to sore eyes and occasionally swelling or even discolouration under the eyelids. Rarely, this may cause blurry or distorted vision.
What are the causes of Blepharitis?
While there is rarely a definitive single cause for the condition, it is more common amongst people who have skin conditions such as eczema and acne, as well as those with allergic diseases like asthma. Chemical fumes, smoky atmospheres and use of cosmetics can worsen the condition and lead to complications.
Symptoms of Blepharitis
- Swelling, redness, crusting of the eyelids
- Itching and burning sensation in eyelid, flakes at base of eyelashes
- Dry and gritty sensation in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Styes or cysts on the eyelid
What treatment for Blepharitis is used at Optimax?
An optometrist will quickly and easily assess your Blepharitis condition, and will recommend a suitable course of treatment. Treatments may be varied or combined according to the results achieved.
Typically, treatment will begin with lifestyle adjustment advice in conjunction with lid therapy and artificial tear/gel supplements.
If your condition is more severe, you may be recommended MiBo ThermofloTM treatment.
Benefits of MiBo ThermofloTM
- Painless, comfortable procedure
- Can provide immediate relief from Blepharitis
- No side effects
- Affordable solution
What can I expect from Blepharitis Management Treatment at Optimax?
- A comprehensive consultation and eye examination
- Assessment of your Blepharitis condition
- Recommended treatment plan to effectively manage your condition
- Monitoring your progress at follow-up appointments
How long will it take to remedy my Blepharitis condition?
Blepharitis is a long-term condition and the time it takes to return your eyes to their normal state will vary according to the severity of your condition. We will make every effort to manage your symptoms successfully.